05 November 2016

Challenge #301 - Colour

Well hello LIMettes and Happy Firework night ... if you're in the UK

We've a bumper post for you today with lots of news so why not
grab yourselves a brew and let's get started.

Our faithful followers will know that Less is More has been a fun
and extremely popular weekly challenge for Clean & Simple Cards
for almost 6 years, 301 challenges to be exact! Many of our regulars
have almost become family as you visit us every Saturday or Sunday!

At the head of Less is More for all of those many challenges is our
AWESOME Queen of CAS Leader and 'Mum' - Chrissie!
Behind the scenes she works tirelessly for Less is More and at the
same time juggling her role as Super Gran to her 3 grandchildren
as well as holidays, hobbies and life in general.

With such a busy and hectic lifestyle Chrissie has decided to scale down her role
at Less is More BUT before you reach for the tissues ... she isn't leaving us;
merely dipping in and out, here and there rather than committing to a regular spot!


A message from Chrissie!
For some time I have been struggling to keep up with blogging, following the arrival of our latest grandchild and an ever increasing vacation schedule. Both of these things are awesome, but sadly something had to go!
I am immensely proud of "Less is More", which has been a trail blazer for many new CAS challenge sites and I love the community which has built up and remained over the years... which is why I can't seem to let go altogether! 
I am delighted to be able to hand over the reins to Sarah and the rest of the team, who all produce stunning work as I'm sure you will agree. I hope to pop in every so often to add a card and visit a few people but for the moment I will be taking a little break!
I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who takes part either weekly or now and again, because it is your support which has helped make LIM what it is today!
I would also like to think that in some way, we have influenced more crafters to embrace the
Clean and Simple genre!

THANK YOU ALL
***

Ok so on the flip side and to soften the blow we are delighted to welcome back to the
 team, our much missed and super talented former teamie, Jen, who is jumping
straight back in this week and I hope you'll make her feel loved and welcome!



... and now let's get down to the job in hand with our latest challenge!
First week of the month means it's Colour Week and the return of 

Seven Hills Crafts Logo

as our sponsor for November!

The colour combo we've chosen for you is  


Purple & Gold


and here's what the Design Team have to inspire you.


Jen


We can't wait to see what you make of this one and please remember to 
leave some crisp and clean 'white' space on your designs. Everyone loves
a comment too so please pop around a couple of your fellow participants
with a friendly word or two!

Enjoy the challenge and don't forget we've a bumper winners post 
on Wednesday, this week featuring our October winner plus
a bundle of spot prizes from the Design Team following last week's
300th Challenge!

We're also making a few changes to our Facebook posts and 
starting today we'll be showcasing our DT projects on the page so
we hope you'll hop on over and give us a 'thumbs up'!
Here's the link you need to take you there.

During the week we're hoping to trial a mini showcase of randomly selected
 entries, Friday ShowCASe and monthly winners on the Facebook page and 
we hope you'll enjoy seeing your projects featured in this way



***



23 comments:

  1. My favorite 2 colours! Gold & Purple!!! Thinking about Christmas themed Cards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Jen! Thrilled to have you as a teamie :) And a massive thank you to Chrissie for everything you've done. So happy you'll be popping in when you can!
    For anyone wanting to follow us on Facebook, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/SimplyLessIsMore/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Chrissie for everything, life can get in the way sometimes, love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah you've big shoes to fill - but I know you'll do a great job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can fully understand that Chrissie needs to scale down her role at LIM. I'm always amazed at crafters who are on the DT of one (or more) challenge blogs, who come up with beautiful creations every week or fortnight and visit participants' blogs. It's a huge commitment. And organising and running a challenge takes even more time and effort. Hats off to you, Chrissie, and the best of luck to Sarah! I'm also happy to see the return of Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woeps, I was awake so qiuckly from the start of reading this post... Strange how live makes us go in directions that we couldn't forsake a few years back... Hope to see a lot if your inspiration here Chrissie! You leave a super challenge to go further with to you Sarah and the rest of the team. Thanks for all the beautiful inspiration so many weeks ans the so appriciated comments!
    Good to see Jen back! Missed your great inspiration! I'm sure you all will keep LIM the fun and "familiar" challenge!
    Enjoy your weekend and make it colourfull!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie thanks for all the things you've done and I look forward to see you on the blog once and awile. Love this color theme by the way. Have a nice weekend everyone, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab inspiration cards and awesome theme! It's fab you will still be popping by Chrissie! Enjoy you grandchildren! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful makes from the awesome DT today, makes me almost ashamed to have uploaded mine.

    Sorry to see you go Chrissie but entirely understand, hope to see you around blogland though. Enjoy those grandlittleys

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, meant to offer Congratulations to Sarah and a welcome back to Jen too - that'll teach me to be in such a hurry!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Chrissie: For a moment when I was reading the first lines of this post, I thought Less is More was closing down forever and I literally GASPED!!!!! But then, my mind was put at ease with a bitter/sweet feeling when I saw that the challenge was staying but your were just stepping down a bit, which is a good thing since I love your inspirational cards.
    And yes, my dear, you and this challenge blog have taught me the CAS style, I'm still learning it but I truly love it.
    So thank you for inspiring all of us new and veteran card makers to try this very elegant and beautiful style, that just made us all better crafters.
    So, from one Grandma to another, enjoy those grandbabies, I totally understand about wanting to spend time with them, they are our sweet joy, the love we feel for them is of a special kind.
    Big hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello and Congratulations to Sarah for your new spot on the LIM team and a warm welcome back to Jen, thank you all for the fabulous inspiration.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A massive thank you to Chrissie for all her hard work with the Less is More blog for the last 300 challenges. I can't begin to imagine how much time you have spent on it every week, as well as all the blog visiting you do. Many thanks to Sarah and the team for keeping this brilliant challenge going. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't enter the challenge as much as I would like but I do enjoy coming to visit and seeing all the fantastic inspiration from the team so am really glad that it isn't finishing. Chrissie must have worked so hard on this challenge blog every week and I think this break and scaling down must be well overdue, so a big thank you to Chrissie and also to Sarah and the team for carrying on the good work. Welcome back to Jen too. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fabulous inspiration!!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nicole (entry #16) - thanks so much for joining us. Your link is to a picture with no details, so we won't be able to comment or communicate with you. I hope you see this and can delete the link and replace it with a link to your post so we can visit you! Thanks, Esther (Less is More)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your comment Sarah - I've now deleted a link so I'm within your challenge combo limit.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sarah, thanks for the comment, mentioning the challenge combo limit - I missed looking into that! Can you please remove my submission to the challenge - I couldn't see any delete button to remove it myself! :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, so much to say, but I've said it on Chrissie's blog and mine. Here I will just say thank you to Sarah and the rest of the talented DT for carrying on the tradition of one of my very favorite challenges!! (And fab inspiration, as always!!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi ladies and thank you so much for another great challenge, gold and purple together! Who knew they'd work so well? Well you guys of course, lovely samples as always.
    Really enjoyed this one. Many thanks, happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I echo everything already said above - and look forward to this great challenge continuing with Sarah and the great DT. We'll miss Chrissie enormously - I still recall her pointing out that I had a 'floating image' with no 'grounding' in my early days of LIM :) One I try hard never to forget :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.