16 May 2015

Week 224 Theme

It seems you had lots of fun with our watery theme last week 
sharing some awesome interpretations in the gallery!
Thank you so much.

So are you ready for a new challenge?
It's Theme week and the challenge is 
Hello Sunshine

Here's our examples and don't forget
to stop by our personal blogs for some extra inspiration!
Our holiday makers may be back but possibly not  
managed to ink up more than one this week!
You'll just have to hop across and see what 
they've been up to!


I've been struggling with this one and there's a few duds on my 
own blog! This one uses My Favourite Things Sun Ray stencil
Inked with Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, 
Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade and following my happy
mistake last week with the clear embossing powder over distress inks
I practically threw the stuff at my card this week 
to make the sunlight shimmer!
The sentiment is computer generated


My apologies for the lack of commenting, I have been away for a lovely holiday in the sun.  I wish I could say that this gorgeous Day for Daisies digi is me in the sun, but, ahem, sadly not!  She is coloured with Copics and simply layered up a few times, with the layers edged with Copics.

Anita


I started by softly blending a background in Scattered Straw Distress Ink 
before laying the MFT Sun Ray stencil over the top and blending 
with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  
I cut this out with a rectangular die and also die cut the Scripty Hello 
from Lawn Fawn from the inked panel.  I then inlaid and stacked 
three more die cuts of the hello from white cardstock before adhering 
the inked word die to the top of the stack and accenting with some Wink of Stella.



I must apologise for my lack of commenting over the last couple of weeks, 
but I was having a wonderful time on a river cruise along the Danube. 
Amongst other places, I visited Budapest and Vienna and 
ended up in Prague for a few days. 
I met some wonderful people and enjoyed all aspects of the holiday... 
so I hope you'll forgive my lack of appearances at your blogs.

Here is a simple card for this week's challenge. 
All die cuts... from Lawn Fawn and Taylored Expressions, 
with a computer generated sentiment. 
In fact the font has stitching around the letters but is 
too small to have them show up!



We hope you enjoy this one!
We're looking forward to visiting you!
Don't forget everyone likes a comment so please try 
to share some encouragement amongst your fellow entrants


5 comments:

  1. oh cool, i have a cool idea, but i squashed one of my fingers yesterday, not sure i can craft..we'll see ;-) love the dt designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme! And a lot of inspiration again! Enjoy the weekend, hope it is going to be a Sunny one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful inspiration cards ladies, really beautiful. Unfortunatly not enough to get my mojo going.
    This was such a huge struggle for me, almost gave up. I guess it's just not my theme, or i was too narrow minded.
    Anyway, i pulled it off to get al least something ;-)
    Thanks for all your gorgeous examples and your hard work, hugs
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another fabulous challenge ladies ..... what a fun theme. Great inspiration pieces too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sunny cards, ladies! Such a lovely idea when there are lots of cloudy rainy days all around the world this time of year, whether spring or fall. Thank you, as always!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.