09 August 2014

One Layer time again!

Week 184
It's time for another One Layer Challenge and this time the focus is

FOLIAGE
foliage
   [lē ij]
noun
  1. Foliage is defined as plant or tree leaves.
Any kind of leafy image will suffice, but please remember that all important white space and keep any embellishments minimal.
If anyone is uncertain of our interpretation/expectations of a One Layer Card, please see the Guidelines on our sidebar.

Chrissie







For this card, I began with a black base card and used a Sweet Poppy Stamps stencil and Gold Embossing Paste. I sprinkled a little Glamour Dust over it whist it was still wet.
To make the sentiment, I die-cut the word 'Thanks' from a piece of card with a Cuttlebug die, using the waste as my stencil. The fact that the 'a' was open made the spreading of the paste easier as I didn't have to include a tiny piece for the space in the centre of the letter.
This was also sprinkled with Glamour Dust.
I was quite pleased with how this sentiment turned out!



For this weeks card I have also done a little Christmas card using the cute Christmas Icons from LOTV a long with one of the newest sentiments. 
It's simply stamped in truffle memento onto crumb cake card stock and then coloured with promarkers.  I have finished off with a little liquid pearls for the holly berries.



I've used a standalone die from Clearly Besotted as a mask for some distress inking
which I've stamped over with a Uniko Studio set - Nature's Treasures. 
The sentiment is Clearly Besotted - Sweet Little Sentiments 
which I've curved around the image and
to finish off a wrap-around of some gold organza ribbon.

Anne




I will never forget the first year I made my own cards at Christmas time and had to all the surplus postage thanks to all the embellishments and extras I had put on!  With that in mind, this is a one layer card that will just need a standard stamp.  Stamp is MFT, one of the arty brushstrokes that are so popular at present, with some Stickles added and a Stampin' Up sentiment

We really hope that you will pop by the blogs of the Designers as you will find some more examples to inspire you!
***


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspiration by the DT. Hoping to play along this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful DT cards. I have visited their blogs and I also visited the blogs of those who already participated and I still haven't figured out what "FOLIAGE" means. Never heared of it.
    Greetings from Veerle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veerie, I expect you now know that Foliage just means leaves - but in case everyone is still asleep where you are, I thought I'd post it here. I'd love to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful inspiration from the Dt's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous foliage cards Ladies :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great theme, love to do with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the fabulous challenge and the beautiful DT work for added inspiration! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't resist leaves! Thanks for another fun challenge ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great theme and super DT cards ladies!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made it. Gosh, the days are slipping through my fingers. Thank you for another fun challenge and such great cards using leaves!! Trees and leaves are such classics, perfect for cards because everyone loves them! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.