07 June 2014

Week 175 Colour challenge

We have a Guest Designer this week.
It's Lisa Lara, 
who was one of the applicants from our Design Team call, all of whom we have invited to have a Guest Spot!
For our Colour Challenge this time we have
The colours in your bedroom!
 That should give you the chance to work with colours you love!
What a fun card Lisa, thanks so much!

Do visit Lisa's blog and leave her a friendly comment!


My room is decidedly beige so I decided to go for the colours from my bed linen.... Duck Egg, Beige and Lime Green.  I've use the Get Well die from Paper Smooches (picked up at Craft Mojo) and then simply added it across the card. Added a few pearls and some stitching.

Sarah

This card uses an Uniko Studio set 'Background builders - Circles' 
which is stamped then heat embossed with white embossing powder 
onto various coloured snippets of card. 
These are die-cut into circles and mounted to the CS either flat 
or on different depths of 3D foam adhesive. 

To finish off I've added a strip of patterned paper from Studio Calico 
scalloped border, 'Happy' word die and sentiment from Clearly Besotted.


I hate my bedroom colours!!

Colours are a lot of cream, some pale pink and a touch of green.  I've used textured cream cardstock, the Daisy is also punched from it and inked up with DI Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry.  I snipped into the largest round of petals and added Glossy Accents to the centre.  Leaf is punched with Tattered Leaves die and sentiment is Clearly Besotted

The colours in my bedroom are ivory, red and brown.
Here is my friend the totally excited chicken from Penny Black. . .and she's leaping from her coop (suspended by a piece of acetate so she bobs up and down a little in her excitement)
The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink!
I'm sorry the watermark is all over it, but it took me so long to create the watermark in the first place, that to try to move it is a little much for my un-techy mind!  

Do join us in this challenge and if you fancy adding a pic of your bedroom, we'd all love a snoop!
Please visit the designer's personal blogs too, there are more cards for your delectation to be found there and you don't want to miss a thing!
***


4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to be GD this week. And thank you for all the love on my blog. Now I am off to visit your blogs and leave some love!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Congratulations to Lisa, what a super card :D Great idea for a challenge this week and very inspiring samples from you all again, many thanks :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun challenge site this is - you always come up with great ideas for the challenges! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like I'm going to miss this one, ladies (which is frustrating because I love my bedroom colors), but I did want to let you know that I'm loving your inspiration cards!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.