15 March 2014

Week 163 Theme

As ever on the third Saturday of each month we have a theme for you.
This time it is for you to use 
MASKING OR STENCILLING
on your creations.
It seems that stencilling is de rigeur at the moment, so let's see what you can do.
If you don't have any stencils you could use your dies or punches to make a stencil from card or acetate.... or you could simply choose to included some masking of some description in your work.

Chrissie
  

Here is a little card using a stencil I made from a font called Peoni Patterns. which is free from Dafont.
I used the flower which is in fact the letter 'A'.
I cut the stencil from acetate using my Silhouette. I inked through it using two shades of green Distress Ink using sponge daubers and then rotated the stencil through 90 degrees and inked again using the orange colours.
The little gecko was a download from here. All trails I followed left by our fabulous LIMette Hannelie!
The sentiment is from Tattered Lace.
Here's another simple stencil, again cut from acetate by my Silhouette. I inked in two shades of purple and then overstamped with a manuscript stamp.
The sentiment is from Penny Black!

Jen

Just one card from me this week as work has been a bit manic and the second card went disastrously wrong ... beyond salvage :-) I chose to use masks and embossing paste for this weeks challenge...


I used the same technique to colour the embossing paste that you can see here on this card and used the same colour as the card stock .. Stampin Up Strawberry Slush.  The happy birthday die is from simon says stamp and the mask from calico studio.  I love the tone on tone of the paste on the card stock!


Anne

Anne has another fabulous example for us this week .. make sure you pop over and say hello...



***


14 comments:

  1. Great examples everyone. I am so missing creating cards at the moment but life keeps getting in the way! Will try really hard to do a card this week, it is a super theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are beautiful! The butterflies turned out fantastic with the music notes, as if they are flying to a song ~ I'm inspired to dig into my stencil drawer now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Realty love the first two cards. Thanks for showing Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun theme and plenty of inspiration as always! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So inspiring are your cards x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge again ladies, and wonderful samples from you all, many thanks, :D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh Chrissie... you are a darling! Thanks for the link. Love that I could inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the inspiration here, Chrissie's butterfly card is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some hilarious spam on here!
    All the inspiration cards are amazing, but Chrissie, I had to stop by and say how much I love your little gecko card. We have a gecko and your card made me smile. Happy first day of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous inspiration pieces ladies and a great challenge theme too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoops..I missed your closure date. Here is my card on SCS. I love how it turned out. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2499957?&cat=500&ppuser=18672

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it is ok to add my link. I made my card because of your awesome samples from your very talented DT. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missed linking mine up http://lyndalhiggins.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/winnie-walter-watercolour.html

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.