01 February 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday Less Is more

WOW can you believe it's our third birthday and this week we not only have a fabulous challenge but some amazing guest designers too...
WE ARE 3!
Fabulous prizes
This month we are delighted to welcome  Tara, one of our faithful LIMettes as a new Sponsor to Less is More. She has recently become the proprietor of 
and is our Sponsor for this month!
Tara is offering a £20 Voucher plus free shipping to this month's winner!

"As a regular player in the Less is More challenge I am thrilled to be able to sponsor the challenge with my new business.
The newly re-opened Make the Day Special Stamp Store is a one stop shop for all those hard to source US stamp and die brands, but as we are based in the UK you buy without the fear of customs and handling charges.   We currently stock Avery Elle, CAS-ual Friday's Stamps, Lawn Fawn, Mama Elephant, Newton's Nook, Papersmooches, Unity and Wplus9 with new brands coming very soon.   Our aim is to bring you all the best of the US straight to your doorstep at competitive prices with customer service that is second to none.  
Stop buy and check out our new ranges at http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk

We also have a second sponsor for this month too .. since it's such a special month and all.  Bev from Uniko Studio is joining us this week and has donated a fabulous prize....

£15 voucher from Uniko Studio


Our colour challenge for this week is 
RAINBOW

Now for the guest designers...

Mary - From the Ribbon Girl


Michelle from Card Grotto (Using Clearly Besotted)


Andrea from The Ribbon Girl


Beverly from Uniko Studio



Tara  from Make the Day Special




A very simple card from me today using a little banner punch in a rainbow of coloured card.  The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.

I just also want to thank you all for you support... I'm not completely back on my crafting feet so you will probably have to bear with me for a few more weeks yet but I hope I can find my mojo again very soon!!

Don't forget to check out my blog to see if you won my January Candy too!!!!


For this card I die cut the butterfly shape from scrap card and used it as a template to sponge on the rainbow colours using sponge daubers. I then popped the complementary die cut butterfly into the gap and daubed black ink through that onto the butterfly. 
Lots of paper piercing around the image and the edges of the card framed it before it was popped onto a black card base. The sentiments are from Katzelkrafts.
We hope that you will enjoy this week and visit lots of other participants to spread a little joy!

Mandi


Many of you may not remember or even know me, but, it was Chrissie and I that originally started LIM THREE years ago...GOSH! I had to step down October 2012 as I bought a wedding hire company. We are doing pretty well, my stationery is going fabulously, it's pretty much non stop at times! So no time for general creating or LIM, sadly. I am lucky enough to have made a wonderful friend in Chrissie whom I value greatly.

Thank you as always to Jen for stepping in and assisting Chrissie to take LIM even further. Also to the wonderful sponsors and Guest Designers.

Chrissie mentioned to me about making a card and there is is above! Really fast, but, I can use it for a  bride marrying shortly who is having a rainbow of sashes on her chairs, it should look really pretty. Excuse the photo, not too sure what's happened to the colour!

When Chrissie asked me, I had literally the day before made these place cards.....


Before I go I wanted to say I still miss you all very much and to show you a few pics form my shop.
It has changed somewhat!





If you are interested click here to see our Facebook page,you can see some of the work we do

Bye for now, happy crafting and happy birthday 'us'
Mandi xx

***

49 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and lovely to see how well Mandi is doing!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for the 3 years LIM! Great to see Mandi here again... Love the rainbowchallenge! Have a creative weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ladies. Here's to many more !!! A xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy b'day great shop and wow gorgeous creations x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Simply Less Is Moore!! Here's to many moore! Good to see you too, Mandi and great news that you are doing so well with your business

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, where the time has gone I don't know! x

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your 3rd Birthday!! LIM is one of my very favourite challenges. Lovely to see so many fab cards from your Guest Designers. And so, so nice to hear from Mandi and see how gorgeous her shop is and how well she is doing. Love the colour challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah, had to come back and say Hi x

      Delete
  7. Happy 3rd birthday! bet you thought it was odd my gdt card was a number 4 - but it is for my great niece later this month! mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Card Mary, thanks for joining LIM x

      Delete
  8. Happy 3rd Birthday LIM! Thank you so much for having me this week. What amazing samples by you both Chrissie and Jen and love all the guest designer cards too. Lovely to see Mandi back as well, love the photos :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, fabulous card form you...as always x

      Delete
  9. Happy 3rd Birthday LIM ! , can't believe it's been 3 years.Lovely to see all the fab GDT cards and Mandi's of course and all the lovely photo's of your shop......still miss Mandi (sob sob).Here's to another 3 years....and another...and more!!!! I am an addict now of course.Thankyou for starting it all C&M :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww so sweet of you to sob Viv, but please don't my lovely lol
      REALLY lovely to see all the 'old' faces....miss everyone (sob sob) xx

      Delete
  10. Happy 3rd birthday ladies, I do hope I can join in :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 3rd birthday to my favourite challenge! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards from Chrissie and Jen and all this week's guest designers. And how fantastic to see Mandi again with her gorgeous card too.

    Congrats to LIM on your 3rd anniversary. Can't believe it's three years already!

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kat, seems like Ive never been away in some ways x

      Delete
  13. Happy 3rd birthday to my favourite challenge! A big hello to Mandi, how lovely to hear from you, so glad you are doing well:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi val, thank you for the big hello....heres one back x

      Delete
  14. Beautiful cards ladies and glad to see Mandi again. Wow congratulations on your 3th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HB2U LIM !!!
    hope for a lot of more years
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday lovely ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday, ladies, for an always fun challenge that was one of the first ones to welcome me to Blogland and teach me all about less is more!! It's so fantastic to see Mandi here, too, and her lovely card and shop photos! Miss you, Mandi, and I'm delighted that you are doing so well!! I'll be back to link later, God willin' and the creek don't rise! Hugs to all, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darnell....lovely to hear your good wishes, thank you very much. Were you impressed with my typing? I shall NEVER forget your comment when I said I was leaving LIM, still makes me laugh now.....Loves

      Delete
  18. Happy 3rd Birthday everyone. Great cards.
    Mandi it's so good to see you back I miss you. Glad things are going well for you xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, hi Jan, miss you too, thank you Where have those 3 years gone! will try to pop back now and again I do have a peep form time to time, makes me a bit emotional though! x

      Delete
  19. Congratulations to your 3rd birthday! A wonderful work you do with this challange blog! Congratulations also to Chrissie! Your shop looks beautiful. Unfortunately too far away from here. Could have used some of here things this year :-)
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eva, thank you
      It;s actually me, Mandi with the shop, hence my absence from LIM
      Nice to be back temporarily

      Mandi

      Delete
  20. Happy Birthday Chrissie, should I be calling you the "old" trouper?
    Mandi (nice to see you again and your fabulous shop) and
    Jen, hope your mojo comes back soon.

    Best wishes to you ALL

    ReplyDelete
  21. cough cough No so much of the old....but she really is, tirelessly holds LIM together, bless her.
    I'd never have thought my life would have taken such a turn.....
    May be back one day
    Thank you Faith, Mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday! Thanks so much for the inspiring theme!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy third birthday! I hope many more will come.Thank you for inspiring us every day.
    MaryV

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy, happy birthday and many, many more!! Thank you for all you do to make this challenge work and be so darn fun!! It was a treat to see Mandi and her shop and hear she is doing so well! And it was a treat to see your card inspirations and those of all your fantastic guest designers!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely collection of cards

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday LIM! I've followed this challenge for a long time and marvelled at the great work from design team and contributors alike. I'm only just brave enough to have a go; I think my 'LIM' needs practice, but love the inspiration from this blog. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy 3rd Birthday ladies! Thanks for all your hard work, and the fab challenges each week. It's nice to hear from Mandi too - glad things are going well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday!!
    I have been your follower for few days ago and I am so much inspired by your design team. This is my first card to enter in your challenges . Thank you for the inspiration:)
    Vinita

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.