07 December 2013

Week 149 Colour

For our colour challenge this month we would like to see some 
Metallic Element plus One Other Colour 
of your choice.

We are delighted to have the Ribbon Girl
as our sponsor once more this month! DO check out the wonderful range of products available!

There are so many ways to add the metallic touch...embossing powder, charms, mirri card, embellishments of all sorts...the list is endless!
Here are our versions!

Jen

I took the challenge literally and went for metallic and a colour... you know I love my coloured card blanks!


For the first card I have used the new heart from Stampin UP and embossed in Ranger Distressed Gold embossing powder.  The banner die is from Simon Says Stamp and the sentiment Clearly Besotted.  
I love how with polymer stamps you can mould the stamp into shape to give a slight curved effect to mimic the shape of the die!


I've used embossing powder again for my second card but this time it's pewter from Stampin Up.  The butterfly is from best of butterflies and the sentiment from one of this years sale-a-bration sets.
It's finished off with a gunmetal coloured gem.


My first card has heat embossed Gold Lettering from a stamp set I bought at the NEC for £1. It has several Christmas sentiments, including that on my following card.
The dies are from Memory Box and the scrap of kraft card  (off cuts from my advent boxes) has been embossed with a Stampin' Up EF.


Simplicity itself, but something which I find pleasing!
Die cuts by Memory Box, popped on dimensionals with a simple sentiment embossed in gold.
I extended the length of the die cut to accommodate the whole of the sentiment, by cutting part-way through from one end, moving the die along a little and then turning it around and completing the cut from the opposite end. It's quite a useful trick!

***


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations your so inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely was a challenge for me this week, I rarely use metallics! Thanks ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to enter my first 2 card challenges today! Thanks so much for the inspiration ladies <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful cards, Chrissie and Jen! This was another fun challenge and I thank you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this challenge! And that's another Christmas card done - thanks ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.