30 November 2013

Week 148 Lucky Dip

This year November is another of those months which contain five Saturdays. To mark this we have another Lucky Dip Challenge and a special 
Guest Designer
This time it's 
Gillian
Gillian is a long-time, faithful contributor to our challenges and produces the most inspiring work!
In honour of her blog name, the theme we have chosen for our challenge this time is



This one uses two of my favourite things...squished flowers and Glamour Dust!
The butterfly is from Memory Box (I think) and the flowers are from a little punch! I find that a Zig pen is excellent for adding Glamour Dust, but I believe that here I used some double sided adhesive sheet on the front of the butterfly, adhered the filigree part and then glittered the spaces in between!

This was inspired by Jan (LTC) who used this free cut file from Bird last week. The little birds are from a Memory Box die and the sentiment from Stampin' Up.
Jen

I've used the same stamp set for both of my cards today... Stunning Snowflakes from Uniko Studio. Here are the cards...


My first card uses one of the 3 styles of snowflake and I used flitter glue and some distress glitter in rock candy (although you cannot really tell from the photo) for each snowflake.  The sentiment is from the same set and heat embossed in smoky slate embossing powder from Stampin Up.  It's simply finished off with some pearls.


For my second card I decided to use white embossing powder onto pool party card stock.  The sentiment is also from the same set and I was so surprised at the detail the small text picked up it was a delight... I hate it when the embossing is not crisp. I used another one of the snowflake designs and then finished it off with smooth gems from hero arts.
Christmas is coming... get out all that twinkle...we'd love to see you SPARKLE!
***

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards to inspire us this week and congratulations to Gillian on your guest designer role! So thrilled for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards this week, Chrissie and Jen, as always! Gillian is a fantastic card artist and choosing the "sparkle" theme was genius!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry I did not realized I broke the rules and added my card to too many challenges.
    Could you please delete it from the challenge list? Thank you so much and again, please forgive me for this oversight.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much beautiful and sparkling cards, everyone! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful inspiration yet again ladies! I linked up my card (#105) however I can't get into my blogger post to add the link to LIM. I'll be able to do it from home in a few hours, I hope that's ok. :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.