16 November 2013

Week 146 Theme


Use Designer Paper in a CAS Way
There's a tendency to forget about Designer Paper when creating Clean and Simple cards, but there is a variety of ways in which it can be used... without covering large areas of the card base.
Let's see what you can come up with!
Here I simply chose to stamp onto some DP for both the image itself and the leaves, both stamps are by Jo Firth-Young.
The baubles or berries have been glazed but I'm afraid it's not apparent from this picture. IRL they are lovely and shiny!
The sentiment was cut on my Silhouette using CBGB Font.

This one incorporates DP for paper piecing, as a background mat and also for the sentiment...again cut with my Silhouette using the font CK_Alis_Hand_Official. There's another example card on my blog. I'm delighted when you come to visit me there too, thank you everyone, especially those who kindly leave a comment!

I'm in sunny Egypt this week so just one card to share with you... and it's using a fabulous Sneak Peek from a regular sponsor, Lili Of The Valley. These cute baby images are out later this month.


I've simply coloured the little one in with stampin write markers and cut him out.  A strip of designer paper from Stampin Up has been stitched and lay over a whisper white background.  The sentiment is also from LOTV.
I'll be back in the UK later in the week so cannot wait to see how you interpret this challenge.

We hope you'll have lots of fun with this one!
***


9 comments:

  1. Awww stunning are your creations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cards ladies,i take another change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fabulous examples Ladies, have been too busy over the weekend to check out the challenge, must get a move on it is a brilliant idea. Thank you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great challenge and stunning cards, ladies! I'm on a mission with the DP I have by the boatload, so I'll be returning to this challenge again and again for inspiration! Thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creations from both of you Chrissie & Jen. Love using paper in a CAS way, thanks for the challenge! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Crissie
    I did not notice that I had given more challenges than 5, but now I have one picked up .... sorry .... thanks for the comment

    greetings Rosina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for being late and also for running out of time to visit you at your personal blogs. Your sample creations here as gorgeous as always! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic examples...another great challenge!! Thanks for the weekly inspiration that you provide for us!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.