15 June 2013

Week 124 Theme

For our Theme this week we have chosen something this is very prevalent in Blogland at present... and that is
HEXAGONS.
There seem to be all sorts in evidence at the moment from dies and stamps to embossing folders and even hexagonal shaped cards.
You are such an inventive bunch of people, it will be great to see what you can come up with.
Here are our samples for this week!
Jen

Ok so less than a week until I go to Istanbul for my birthday, work is starting to calm down so I'll be back to normal when I get back. My mojo is a little hidden but I love the colour combo on my first card.


I've used an embossing folder from cuttlebug on the reverse to texture the card then added perfect plum ribbon from Stampin Up and a sentiment from this years sale-a-bration from SU to finish it off.

My second card uses the same colour card base and scraps of My Minds Eye papers cut with the hexagon die from Clearly Besotted.  I've scattered them in line with the new Sketch at Sketch Saturday  !!
The sentiment is from simon says stamp.

The definition of a hexagon is a polygon with six angles and six sides... well the chicken wire on this stamp from Clearly Besotted is constructed of lots of figures with six angles and six sides. I thought it quite fitting to go with an image of strawberries as you often need some similar kind of netting to keep the birds off the ripening fruit.
This stamp was part of one from a grab bag from Creative  Images. I have coloured it with Copics and added a little 3D gloss to the strawberries. They do look really juicy in reality.
This one has all sorts of hexagons.
Paper from Pink Petticoat, dry embossing from Stampin' Up and stamped hexagons and the bee from Clearly Besotted.
The letters are from Cuttlebug's Typewriter alphabet dies. Stampin' Up's River Rock ink just matched how the Pink Petticoat paper emerged from my printer.
Come on LIMettes, lets get all geometric!

***

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, ladies. Love the inspiration. Now let's hope I can actually join in for a change ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - hexagons! Thanks ladies, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant challenge, had a lovely afternoon trying to create a hexagon, much better than ironing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prodded me into using new dies - thanks! Lovely samples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the 'word verification' Chrissie. I am new to all this! It has been sorted.
    Thank you so much for your comment. Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy Istanbul as much as I did. If you visit the Grand Bazaar, expect to spend the whole day (or two)! We saw maybe 1/8th of it. What a wonderful place. And remember where you started or you may get lost :)
    These cards are so beautiful. And I appreciate your attitude toward clean and simple cards. I'll see what I can find in my stash with hexagons on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for a great challenge ladies. I love hexagons! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some amazzzzing designs with bees, must come back to check out some of the other designs. Love the LiM challenges they add focus, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the challenge again this week...and i'm loving your samples :)

    San x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.