13 April 2013

One Layer Week 115

This week we have a fun challenge for you.
It must be 
ONE LAYER
(If you're unsure of our rules for this, just look at the Glossary at the top of the blog)
The subject of your cards this time should be inspired by
A FILM
Any film will do, but preferably one that most people will have heard of.
We'd obviously like you to tell us the title of your film and not keep us guessing.


I have three favourite Rom-com films that I could watch over and over, and probably know lots of the dialogue word for word. 
This is the first of them ...You've got mail. This is the Penny Black version!


This sweet little Mo Manning image is to illustrate the second of my fave films... While you were sleeping!
It's a good job we only do two sample cards each... because the third of my choices is Sleepless in Seattle and I couldn't think how to do that one!

Jen


My first card is based on a favourite film when I was a kid.. Police Academy.  I've used the going places stamp set from Clearly Besotted stamps and the sentiment is from the same set.  It's simple coloured in with Promarkers.


My second card is based on another favourite film, this time Disney's The Lion King.  The stamp is from Stampin Up's Zoo Review Set and the sentiment from Clearly Besotted Going places.  I have simply stamped the image on more mustard card stock from the regals collection by Stampin UP in brown memento ink.
I had loads of ideas for this challenge so I hope you can join in and use your imagination!

---

17 comments:

  1. Wow this challenge needs a bit of thinking about- great examples though - off to put my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great challenge, will have to have a really good think about this one :) Great cards ladies x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog. Inspiring & informative. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm not sure what to do for this one, thinking cap now on also. Lovely cards already. :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Challenge, great cards,
    Hugs
    Suzy B :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge. Sorry ladies, I made a mess of my link - no 12 so re entered.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations from the Dt's x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous challenge theme girls - love your examples! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this challenge! I even got a movie I wanted to use~ Wonderful samples Ladies~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for another great challenge ladies - it was great fun basing a card on a film. The only problem was sticking to one so I may have to have another go at this! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chrissie Thanks for your comment but it was o wrong post so I deleted it.many thanks Stella.Obviously no need to publish this !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely cards and more good inspiration, yip I came back for another look and had a go. Many thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so excited about this challenge and designing away in my head ... and then on the card. I was all ready to post it when I realised it was one layer! Well - back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, man, you ladies really challenged me this week! I almost didn't make it! I do love your inspiration cards and the cards that have been popping up in the entries because so many of them are whimsical! Thanks, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love this theme! Have a good weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a fun challenge. I was even able to come up with a movie to go with my card. Dumbo would have been the obvious, but I went with an old, old classic called Hatari.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry I missed the deadline on this challenge - what fun idea!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.