02 March 2013

Week 109 Colour Challenge

A New Month, a New Sponsor
We are delighted to have the Ribbon Girl

as our sponsor  once more  this month.
Mary stocks such fabulous embellishments, do check them out!
Colour Challenge
We have a wonderful inspiration picture for you this week from Design Seeds!
What are you going to do with this lucious colour combo?
We just love it!
donut dreams

Chrissie
I carried the paper piercing technique over from last week to surround the gingham squares. I had forgotten that I had holes for paper piercing in my Tim Holtz ruler, so I used it here. The hearts were stamped and die-cut with Stampin' Up's Hearts a flutter set, and inked with various shades of Cat's Eye  Chalk inks. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.
NO stamping at all here... this utilises a die from W PLUS 9, with a Pink Petticoat paper and a couple of other shades of pink card. The embossing folder is from Sizzix.

Jen


The first of my cards uses a selection of pink petticoat papers and one of the new sentiments. I'm not a huge orange fan but I really love this colour combo.  The butterfly is a punch from Stampin Up.


For my second card I used much bolder shades by using stampin up markers, and used a stamp set from CAS-ual fridays.  the sentiment strip was supposed to be stitched but the thread came out of the needle so it's piercing for a second week.

Do join us with this delicious colour combo!


12 comments:

  1. ooo this IS going to be a challenge, not my kind of colours at all!!!
    Fabulous inspiration cards :0)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour combo - light and summery - like neapolitan ice cream. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum - that exactly what I thought Jen! Thanks ladies for another fun challenge, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous projects and colour combo! I've just found this blog and will visit it often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours for this challenge, I'm a bit disapointed with how the artificial light has played with my photo and has heighted the apricot shade but washed out the pink :( Thanks for another great theme ladies!.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the fun yummy color combo this week.

    Xo Marian Garcia Cupertino, CA USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the fun colors to work with and the gorgeous cards by the DT for added inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours. Really great challenge, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, boy...who can resist these colors AND donuts all in the same cue?! I have to play along...and get a little snack...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys really challenged me this week! Your cards were perfect and inspirational, but I had a crafty block with these colors until this afternoon for some reason. Thank you for the brain exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours

    Have a nice weekend

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. C&S is always a challenge to me but I just could not pass up this gorgeous color combo! DT, you did a fantastic job inspiring me to play along... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.