26 January 2013

Week 104 Sketch


Week 104
Sketch #8
This week we have a sketch for you drawn by Jen.
It's simplicity itself, so to add a little constraint, we ask that the card stays in this orientation ie that the band remains in the horizontal plane, in the lower part of the card and that it takes up no more than 1/3rd of the height of the cardbase.
.

Jen


For my first card I cased a technique that LIMette Vicky Hayes uses a lot... I have been meaning to try it for a while, but these Stampin Up stamps are perfect for it.  The ribbon is also from Stampin Up.  I stamped the leaves across the card first of all and then added a few flowers over the top.


For my second card I have punch out lots of hearts (Stampin Up & Martha Stewart).  I masked off the lines and filled in the area with the punched shapes.  I simply added a Pink Petticoat sentiment to finish it off...

Chrissie
Here are a few Leaping Sheep from a stamp by Inca Stamps. The sheep are gently shaded and the grass coloured with Promarkers. The sentiment was computer generated using 2 Peas High Tide font.
This one has a section cut out and the gap filled with a piece of acetate. The flowers, from a Martha Stewart punch were added and embellished with gems in each flower centre.
The sentiment is from Paper Smooches mounted on a Dienamics tag and popped up on dimensional pads.
These dies come in a set of 4 which are all joined together. Instead of breaking them all apart I kept them in twos and used this method to position the die around the sentiment.


Cut a guide from scrap card and snip off half of the shape you don't wish to use!   







Place the guide around the stamped sentiment, centralising it within the shape      





Place the die into the guide so that it fits snugly and tape down the other die to prevent movement.(I use a tiny Post it note to do this)
Gently remove the guide before running the card and die through the die cutting machine.




The result is a perfectly centralised sentiment within the die-cut shape!
My Cuttlebug plate is scarred and very well used but still works beautifully!




We hope you enjoy this challenge.
We have a great celebration in the offing next week for our Second Birthday Celebrations, so be sure to join us!

22 comments:

  1. thanks a lot for the idea with the shape, it seems to be more easier to find the right place for the sentiment


    xxxAnnette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw my name mentioned this morning! What a fab sketch, perfectly CAS, I can't wait to get going on this. Fab inspiration as always ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the demo,what a help that will be! Great inspiration As always ladies! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant sketch idea, and the inspiration is fantastic. I am really looking forward to having a go at this one.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for a fun challenge... it's been a while but I had a blast playing along again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this sketch ladies, delighted to join in this week and as always beautiful cards from all the design team :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning examples, hope to be able to join in this week. Thank you ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketch! And thanks for the tip about the die cutting. I just tried it and it worked like a dream - much better than cutting first and using a stamp positioner to get the image lined up correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the sketch this week Jen:0) Great samples and a wonderful tutorial Chrissie, thank you very much ladies, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie and Jen,
    Thank you for inspiration, from a lovely simple sketch you created amazing cards.
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards ladies. Love the sketch Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! thank you for all the amazing inspiration and the sketch challenge ladies!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the tip on die-cutting a sentiment onto a banner or other dimensional die! Fantastic. TFS and thanks for another fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love this sketch and I love all your inspiring cards! So glad I can play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great sketch!!! Thanks for the challenge and the amazing DT samples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi girls, tis me, have ya missed me??? fabulous creations as always, fab sketch, sue,xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely creations girls and have visited some beautiful entries. great inspiration.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't remember when I last submitted to this challenge but this sketch and the fabulous DT cards inspired me :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for another great challenge ladies....not to mention the inspirational share!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this challenge, thank you ladies! I've actually made 3 cards for this challenge but I put them all in one blog post & so can only link one of them! Never mind, I'll know for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How do you enter this contest? I don't see a place to link to my card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the collection had closed. We are a challenge based in the UK and the time indicated is GMT.
      DO join us this week for our birthday celebratory challenge!
      Chrissie

      Delete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.