05 January 2013

Happy New Year! #101

Happy New Year everyone!
We would like to wish you all that you would wish for yourselves in 2013
We are delighted to have
WOW EMBOSSING POWDERS
as our sponsor once more for the month of January.
We are grateful for their support and have great pleasure in recommending the fabulous products available from their website


The beginning of a new year and the beginning of a new month means one thing at "Less is More" and that is a colour challenge and for this time we have chosen 
BLACK and WHITE 
with a touch or a splash, a hint or suggestion, a dab or a  patch of 
a colour of your choice!
The idea being that the black and white are predominant and the added colour is subtle.
How does that roll with you?


Here are our examples
For this one I cut the flower from the front of the card blank and then inserted the black and pink die-cuts into the gap, backing the inside with a second sheet of card.
The sentiment is from a Cuttlebug die and is surface mounted.
For really fiddly die-cuts like this one from Simon Says Stamp and Memory Box, I always add some double sided tape to the back of the card before cutting and so all I need to do to adhere it to any project once die-cut,  is merely peel and stick.
The hint of colour on this one is incredibly subtle... so subtle in fact that you have to look hard to see it. It's simply the square red gem in the centre of the border embossing.  I don't remember the make of the latter, it may be Sizzix, maybe someone can elucidate! The outer edges of the panel were scored on a scoring board.
The paper is Pink Petticoat harlequin and the sentiment a stamp from Magenta.
There are more samples for this week on my personal blog.

Jen

So, for my first card I have used one of my favourite layouts and simply added a layer embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder.  I have added a couple of lavender gems as my hint of a colour and a sentiment from Pink Petticoat.  I also stitched the edges of  sentiment.


For my second card I layered 3 strips of washi tape onto the layer.  A simple strip of black card was added and a die cut sentiment from Die-namics. I've then added my pop of colour using a stampin up sizzlit butterfly die

We do hope that you will join us for the first of our CAS challenges in 2013.
Here's to another year of sharing our creativity!

25 comments:

  1. Oooh great choice black and white C & J.....here's to another great year for us all.Beautiful cards already.Off for a think now :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful prompt and inspiration. I intend to make more CAS cards this year, so hopefully I'll be linking up my own creations instead of lurking in the background. Wishing you all a happy, healthy and creative 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes... we'll be waiting to see your work!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for another inspiring theme - it's great to be doing a challenge again. Now I just need to remember to get up earlier and I'll be well away! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what incredible inspirational cards, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you all! Love this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous challenge to start the year. Lokking forward to joining in as often as possible and wishing you all a great 2013

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year ladies...its my first time that I have entered one of your challenges...great inspiration from the DT...

    regards
    Jan...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfuil cards - I've not joined in much recently but I've played along this week and intend to be a much more regular LIM-er this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this challange again, tanx and a happy New Year to the team!

    groetjes coby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! Great cards.
    Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your challenge through a friends blog - I love making CAS cards and have entered one! Wonderful samples!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the great challenge! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A blessed new year and thanks for the fun challenge again ...
    greetings
    Rosina

    ReplyDelete

  14. Everything good in the new year. I congratulate the beautiful cards to all participants have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This challenge inspired me very much, and I think I was not the only one! There are so many different ways, and not a card looks like the other although there are very few ingredients! Thank you ladies, for this great challenge and your fabulous examples. I really loved it!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year Girls, I hope its wonderful for you x
    Well I have entered after a long break as I know I was rubbish at CAS even though I love the style. We will see how I do this time around...lol
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful works, ladies!
    Happy New Year and hugs Gisela from germany

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just posted my card. I hope I did it 'll reach to you. I'm new in blogland and it's the first time I am participating in a challenge.
    In addition, English is not my first language...

    Best wishes foor 2013 from Belgium

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards Chrissie and Jen, sorry I am so late blogging it and linking up. Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooops - I posted my card on my blog today, (the last day of the challenge), but realised at 22.50 hrs. that I hadn't linked it up to the LIM blog - what a nitwit I am!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards! I especially love the one with the inlaid flower. I'll be back to check out entries. I can see that there are a ton of beautiful cards linked here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful cards! I especially love the one with the inlaid flower. I'll be back to check out entries. I can see that there are a ton of beautiful cards linked here.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.