17 November 2012

Week 94 Theme

Week 94
For our theme this week
we have chosen
HARDWARE
This could include a variety of things, but most probably it will be something made of metal!
It could include, brads, charms, eyelets, clips, staples, pins, studs etc.
If nothing fitting this description appears in your supplies, faux hardware will probably suffice... as long as it looks good!

Helloo..Mandi here..I hope you haven't forgotten me!
I cannot tell you how much I miss you all and taking part in LIM. I really am SO sorry I have had to take a back seat! THANK YOU to my lovely friend Chrissie for holding the fort and another big thank you to lovely Jen for stepping in....who is on holiday..did we allow time off? lol
My feet literally haven't touched the ground since I bought the shop. Can you believe it was October 20th, almost a month ago! So much has happened! All good though I'm loving it.
We have this week made  a start on painting the walls and changed it around. Will pop some pics on my personal blog sometime soon.
I will also be listing some more bits for sale.

It really does make me sad that I've had to pull away from LIM, I really do intend coming back, but it's impossible at the moment or in the near future.

Thank you for all your good wishes, they really mean a lot.
Off now with another lump in my throat...:(
Miss you all, very much


This card didn't start life quite like this. The panel behind the window was part of a one layer card which got a couple of smudges on it but couldn't be consigned immediately  to the bin... so I salvaged part of it and framed it with the window.
The ribbon was coloured to match the stamping, with a Stampin' Up  marker, which was also used to colour the Unity stamp. The sentiment is also from Stampin' Up.
The hardware is of course, the key!
When I first started card making, I bought all sorts of things which seemed a good idea at the time. These metal letter studs were a case in point. I don't think I've ever managed to use them before, but I really think they look quite good on this card. The super holly embossing is from a Sizzix folder.
There's a faux version of this card on my personal blog!

This little Memory Box stocking die, cut the felt with ease. I decided to add the brads, but had only pastel shades...lilac pink and green, so I heat embossed them in gold before adding them to the stocking. The backdrop is from a Sizzix embossing folder.

So I only managed one card this week and fingers crossed I'm having a fab time in sunny Egypt.  I decided to use bells for my piece of hardware and I've used fabulous new pink petticoat papers and sentiment and some twine and bells from The Ribbon Girl.  I have finished off with a little stitching.

Let's hope Jen has a wonderful hol in Egypt.
We would like to wish all of you a great week too!

I am going over to the island to see Mandi on Tuesday, I'll be able to see her new shop and I can hardly wait! What fun, it will be great to see her again, I'm sure you miss her as much as I do!

Do visit our personal blogs... we like to receive comments too!

14 comments:

  1. lovely chanllange and great Cards to inspire!

    groetjes Coby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super examples everyone, I don't often use 'hardware' so this is going to be interesting. Great to hear from Mandi, am so pleased she is enjoying herself. Now, off to have a rummage in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm no idea what to make this week ! Great cards everyone as always, ...miss Mandi too ( sob sob) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to hear from Mandi today and what fabulous cards to inspire us! Hope Jen is enjoying a lovely holiday. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enough hardware for my cards but it is not "metallic", so I tried to find a good"brad" :-)
    thanks for all those inspirations

    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chrissie, I keep a towel handy by my keyboard for those times when a) I start drooling over a card like a St. Bernard; or b) before I can stop it, my jaw drops. That can HURT, if you don't cushion the drop. I shall edit my post to put that in and be more clear er er. Mwah! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the elucidation Darnell!
      I see it clearly now... so thanks for the compliment!
      Chrissie

      Delete
  7. Lovely cards, as always. I've taken the plunge and joined in this week, hope the design is appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the challange again, and it was a challange because I use them not so much on my cards,

    groetjes Coby

    ReplyDelete
  9. When some one searches for his necessary thing, thus he/she wants to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.
    Also visit my blog - cigarettes online

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great challenge, I loved adding hardware to my card, it was actually hard to just put a few bits on, I didn't realise I had quite so much hardware in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful examples and as usual gorgeous!
    It was a great challenge, ...I loved it!
    Sorry to be so late.

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just got a card in on time - I really loved the theme Chrissi. The examples shown are very inspiring; so enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.