15 September 2012

Week 85 Theme

For our theme this week we have a really easy project for you... simply incorporate an
OVAL
into your design somewhere... what could be easier?


I always make my wedding couples a card in their colour scheme. This one as black and white...of course!
Firstly I embossed the 'oval' designer frame by Stampin Up through my Big Shot on a larger piece of card. Then cut around it, placing it evenly around the ival embosssed frame. The sentiment is computer generated and the fabulous font is called Ma Sexy. I punched this with an oval punch, again SU and mounted 3d into the centre. Pinched flowers in black and a SU leaf branch. Gems to finish. Uber easy, but using an oval nevertheless!

I discovered the stamps from the Rubber Stamp Gallery some time ago and really love the ones I have. Some of you may remember the sea birds I used on my card for our Sewing challenge, here is another from their range featuring a stylised boat, it really appeals to me. The waves were made from the waste from my SU scalloped edge punch. I added the birds as an afterthought. The sentiment was die cut from the Sizzix Typewriter die.

Another stamp from the Rubber Stamp Gallery. This makes me think of summer cottages by the sea... I really like the birds you can find which look as though they have been carved from driftwood... all sun bleached and worn.
The sentiment is from SU, cut out with a Word Window punch and reduced in size, then mounted on  the larger SU sentiment punchie, which I wrapped with a little baker's twine.

20 comments:

  1. Another fab challenge and your cards are gorgeous - thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, endless possibilities with this challenge, gorgeous examples. Thank you Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool one. I should be able to manage this. Love the examples.
    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool one. I should be able to manage this. Love the examples.
    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding the comments people leave for me really helpful! I am off to put my thinking cap on! je

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards - such brilliant inspiration for us. Thank you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards again ladies, I already made my LIM card yesterday he he :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great prompt and inspiration. Hope I'll be able to join the fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do love an oval! Thanks again ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely examples to give us some inspiration - got to get my brain in gear this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr linky is playing up with me today.....lol Great cards above and another brilliant challenge too! thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. there are realy great cards ladies,i take another change this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great challenge, the DT cards are great.
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super challenge ladies, feeling jet lagged so my entry is a bit on the quick side. Maaaaaybeeeee I'll do another one later this week if the Ironing Fairy comes to help out! Super DT cards as always. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. my interpretation of oval was not so successful my second attempt for this challenge i change my card a little

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for this challenge and thanks for the inspiration, the DT cards are great!

    Nusechka)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. More gorgeous examples as inspiration this week, thank you and thanks too for a lovely broad subject for this weeks challenge, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm back from a wonderfully relaxing holiday and can join in again at last. Sorry I've only had time to comment on one or two this week - I'm busy catching up with w-o-r-k after my time away. But there are some really gorgeous, stunning, inspiring cards there, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful creations using ovals, never realised a shape could be so versatile xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.