25 August 2012

Week 82 Recipe

Gosh can you believe it's the last week of August! It's a holiday one for us in the UK and no doubt it will be raining. Hope you all enjoy it, whatever you are doing! OK, so onto our challenge this week it's a
RECIPE
3 - 2 - 1
This week we have a simple idea for you to use as the focus of your cards.
All that you need to do is to incorporate 3 of something, 2 of something and 1 of something else!

Sound easy? Let's hope so!
Please indicate in your posting exactly what your 3, 2 & 1 items are... don't keep us guessing
Here are ours

This card uses my new Baby Prints set from SU.
I have 3 words 
(bit of a cheat really as the first one is made up of two words abbreviated into one)
2 Hands
1 Ribbon
For this one I have made a heat embossed background with  Hero Arts stamp embossed with three different embossing powders.  There are also three pearls on the one butterfly, beside the two squares.

Mandi


3 flowers [or colours] 2 Buttons, 1 Aperture [or sentiment]

Quite a tricky recipe this week, especially keeping the design CAS too!
I opted for old Anita's stamps and using Stampin up Melon Mambo, Basic Grey and Old Olive I stamped the flowers, adding glitter to the solid one. The buttons were stuck to the centres to finish.
To get the apeture, using my Stampin Up stamp a ma jig I could determine the position of the Happy Birthday, made a pencil line at either end, then punched the Stampin Window Punch to create the long aperture.
[Actually took longer to explain than do!!]

3 Squares, 2 words, 1 gem
Stampin Up hearts stamped and punched out with Stamping Up Postage Stamp.
With Love computer generated. [Papyrus and Smitten Kitten fonts]

I do have a couple more examples on my personal blog.
Thank you for the few that do pop over to visit me, I really appreciate it

Enjoy this week, there's SO much scope...probably our most flexible yet!


14 comments:

  1. Another great challenge & cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. A superb challenge, off to have a think, will be back later to check out your blogs. Have a great Bank holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just linked. Tried really hard to meet the criteria. Think I am getting there! Any constructive criticism appreciated. happy saturday, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Chrissie just 2 colours Green and Red, wondering what it looks like on your monitor! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the super fun challenge! Your cards are amazing, as always, girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used 3 colors, yellow, orange, green; 2 buttons and 1 ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a nice challenge, and a recipe I thought is baking, so I chose three cupcakes with two butterflies and one text. Hope I did justice to the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi all together, great theme and great inspirations!
    Hugs Claudia
    PS: Sorry, made small mistake on my entry is mentioned 2nd, but it is 1st one....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Chrissie and Mandi another great challenge thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the CAS cards - so sorry I linked too many challenges, please feel free to delete my submission, I got carried away a bit! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful work! i really like it and you made it perfect. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed this week's challenge, and hope to make time to play again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was such a fun challenge!!! Thank you so much for the beautiful inspiration and to keep my mind always thinking!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.