28 July 2012

Sketch - Week 78

It seems that sewing has a similar effect on some people as acetate does on others!
Some loathe it, others love it, but all in all we had some super creative contributions. Thanks to you all.
For your delectation this week, we have another sketch. Simplicity itself, it's merely a horizontal band in the upper section of the card, plus a sentiment.

SKETCH 


I made the coloured band on this card by squishing flowers and leaves between two pieces of card and running them through the Cuttlebug. I scraped off the remains of the plants and allowed the card to dry. I love the effect this gives. The background layer of the butterfly was die-cut from a section of the treated card and then gently twinkled with Glamour Dust. The border was punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
The ribbon and sentiment are from Stampin' Up.

This is my first Christmas card of 2012... I used a stamp wheel for the pine leaves, I'm not sure if it was Rollograph or Stampin' Up, but I inked it with Iced Spruce DI and then embossed it with with Holographic Embossing powder. I coloured the base layers with the same ink directly from the pad.
The punch and the sentiment used on this card are from Stampin' Up.
The tree image is from All Night Media, which I coloured with the ink pad plus a marker for the trunk.
This super simple card uses a stamp from Local King and was coloured with an ink pad and an SU marker. I added a little detail to the centre of the flower with a fine pen.
It's the Martha Stewart punch again and a little ribbon. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.

Mandi

My card is a slightly different take on the sketch and SO simple....well "Less is More"..right?
The bride and groom I've had for years... it's Stampendous and I LOVE it. Added a little detailing, but I love it left as a stick drawing!
Punched hearts are Stampin Up as is the sentiment.


Meanwhile enjoy this week's sketch and we'll look forward to seeing all your interpretations of it!



23 comments:

  1. Thank you ladies, your cards are just super, off to get my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed less is more also by this cards. The first is my fav. Wonderful.
    Lovely greet and a nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh good an easy one this week, thanks C&M :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful Design-Team-Cards.

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab sketch - just what I needed this morning - thanks ladies
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked this sketch. It's amazing how versatile a couple of lines can be really!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch! The design team cardsare amazing-as always!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun sketch! I had to use SCS, hopefully you all can access it :)

    All the samples are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab CAS sketch - I just couldn't resist joining in! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies for a fun sketch. I just had to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous samples for your sketch. Love your "less is more" challenge concept. We usually forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is a fab challenge and your cards are stunning :)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this sketch. As a matter of fact ... I used it as my VERY FIRST challenge to post on my blog!!

    Love all the other entries too!

    Paula at stampingpaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab sketch this week. Absolutely loving the samples too.
    Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards ladies and a lovely simple sketch, thank you so much, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. After a time of relaxation on the water again, watching the work of colleagues. Relax and admire them. Cards are beautiful. Enjoy the eye. Congratulations to all and very much regret that the lack of time does not allow me to leave a comment on any blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice sketch,the first time that i take the challenge en it was fun

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the lovely sketch and the lovely DT inspiration as well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely sketch challenge,beautiful cards inspirations! Finally i've found time again to make card and join the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great theme this week, love sketch challenges. Thanks DT.

    Good luck everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for another fun challenge & gorgeous DT inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this sketch challenge so here's my second take. I actually have made a christmas cards two weeks ago which i haven't published, it's the reverse of this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, ladies, for many things: I love this sketch and your cards (I may use your Xmas card as inspiration for mine :).
    And thank you for your comments on the card I submitted! I really apprecitate your thoughts and guidance.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.