09 June 2012

Week 71 One Layer

What a wonderful week of Jubilee Celebrations... the cards were beautiful even if the British weather left a lot to be desired.
The weeks go by so quickly and it's 
ONE LAYER CARD
time once more. 
The challenge this week is to
 USE A FLOURISH
Lots of ideas spring to mind... most of them not one layer, so get your thinking caps on LIMister and LIMettes!


Was SO looking forward to this week, when Chrissie and I chose it. I use a flourish loads...well so I thought!! It seems they are mainly die cuts - NOT one layer!!!
Hey ho, so here we go with this one.
A Stampin' Up set I love, it's called Creative Elements. It has this flourish and other bits and bobs, so handy!
I literally stamped twice as you can see in Versafine Black Onyx and coloured the various little segments with my Stampin Up markers. Promarkers or Copics they ain't but they are double ended and FAB for this kind of pin point colouring. I added these colours...
Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango and Perfect Plum.  Aren't they the coolest names!! I punched the oval, which is also SU. Their punches are THE best quality and go through card [this is 270gsm] like butter! I used the computer to generate the sentiment, the font is Yorkshire. I printed it onto some perfectly matching Melon Mambo card stock and attached it to the inside.

** I have since added one of my ones that didn't quite make it to the bin here on my blog **

This simple card was made by cutting a template in a Post it note with a Spellbinder die and inking with Spun Sugar and Concord Crush inks, using Ink Duster brushes. I then stamped an Inkylicious flourish in Rich Razzleberry and added the Hero Arts sentiment after the masking had been removed.
This one uses a Clarity stamp corner flourish to flank a Stampin' Up sentiment, both of which have been heat embossed in silver, which sadly doesn't show up too clearly on this picture. I really must try harder with my photography!

23 comments:

  1. Your cards are super ladies and this really is a great challenge, will have to get my thinking cap on. Am off to a wedding today so will post later in the week. Happy Inking everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab challenge and cards Ladies xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards ladies - thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. another fabulous challenge ladies, thank you

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great theme this week, Love the cards, Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great theme ladies - I can't wait to get started! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOnestly, I go out for a few hours and 27 fabulous entries appear!!!! FAB challenge Chrissie and Mandi - I've been to a workshop, will get cracking on my entry in the morning!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, lots of lovely inspiration as always x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, wonderful inspiration as always x

    ReplyDelete
  10. DT rocked this challenges, awesome inspirations. TFS. My e-mail address left off the last lettr. If you need me to send the correct e-mail, please let me know in the comments on my blog. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely DT pieces, and I do love to look through the entrants - there is some serious talent on these challenge! M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done ladies on this weeks Challenge and your cards are amazing another fab challenge:)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, ladies, as always! And, as always, your inspiration cards are outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. here are beautiful cards, lots of inspiratrions and a big thank for you for the great challenge.

    Sorry for my pig, my card is nor in the link list, because my dog is there. The Card is on my blog, please can you change it?
    Thanks so much....

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful cards, lots of inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just come across your blog. What a lovely selection of cards and thank you for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome cards ladies--thanks for making me stretch my creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for this challenge - I love swirls and flourishes but so rarely make them the main focus of the card

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was SO MUCH FUN!!! Thanks for this one layer challenge--and your cards are fabulous as always, gals! :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.