26 May 2012

Week 69 'Recipe'

We have a very simple recipe this week and that is simply to make a card which is
NOT A SQUARE
nor a rectangle for that matter.
What we're really trying to say is that we want a shaped card.


For my 'Trapezium' shaped card I decided to show you a new range from my wedding stationery portfolio. A Bridesmaid thank you card., I have various styles, but this is the most minimal.
Pretty self explanatory. The base was cut from an A4 sheet and folded to make a DL card size. I then trimmed a little off diagonally from each side. I did 3 cm in at the folded spine, down to the original edge. I then printed the sentiment on the computer. Passions Conflict and Papyrus font and cut the strip to look like the front of a handbag and stuck using 3d foam. The flowers are just punched in a pearly white vellum using an X Cut Retro flower punch. The larger are double layered, with the smaller single one in the centre. .
I glittered the sentiment and added gems to finish the flowers.


I cut a large circle from my Grand Calibur, then scored and folded it in half. Knowing I wanted to emboss onto the black I dusted with my Static Remover pad from Stampin Up. There's no way you can emboss onto black card without one! [well I can't] The white leaves are Stampin Up Autumn Splendor, embossed with SU white embossing powder. The gold leaves are a clear set, the name of which escapes me [I never keep packets tut tut] Then the daisies are from Stampotique, I gold embossed onto a pink piece and orange piece. The centres are Stampin Up Silver Glass Glitter...lush!
I do think the 'white' space police may be on the look out for me, but, proportionally I think there is just enough...just!


Here is a card which could be used for a variety of occasions... Sympathy, Baptism, Confirmation/First Communion and is simplicity itself. The card base was made from two Sizzix arch shaped pieces of card. The back piece was scored a short distance from the  top before the two pieces were stuck together above the score line. This allowed the back section to hinge, in order to be able to open easily.
The cross is made of three Spellbinder crosses superimposed over each other popped onto foam pads to add a little dimension.

Here I made this onesie  from an A5 card blank. I simply cut the neck and leg holes using Nesties and decorated them with the scalloped version of similar dies. The buttons are made with the SU Sweet Buttons embosslits die. All of the decoration was twinkled with a touch of Glamour Dust.

Do join us this week, how imaginative can you be?

22 comments:

  1. What a great challenge, I have to pop out this morning but will be back soon to have a go, out in the sunshine of course! Fantastic cards Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab challenge & I love your cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. More fabulous cards ladies, off for a think :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge and love your samples this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to looking at everyone's submissions this week. The DT's cards are lovely and I loVe Mandi's delicate vellum flowers. I hope I have only put in my challenge post this week and not my whole blog [sorry but I am still on a blog learning curve!!]
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a fun challenge and the samples are great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed you! As you'll see, I love your challenge this week because I was able to use a new die! Both of your card samples are stunning, as always! Mmm-waugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so lovely and another great challenge l have placed my entry but hope you don't mind l took my inspiration from Chrissie but this is the 1st time l have done anything like this but it goes to show with a little instruction it can be done..........thank you:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh silly me l forgot to mention the buttons on my post :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great challenge - and super samples ladies, as always. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a fun challenge, I had to do some thinking on this one!
    Beautiful examples, I really like the black card and all white onzie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm stunned by your samples ladies! Could you be changing my mind about shaped cards?! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab challenge girls and gorgeous cards from you both...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely cards ladies.. and what a brilliant challange..
    hugs
    michlle x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you ladies for the great challenge and the fabulous examples!

    I'm looking forward to the next one!

    Greets Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow there are so many different shaped cards...lots of creative folks - thanks for the inspiration Chrissie and Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great challenge Chrissie and Mandi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a super fun challenge! I love visiting everyone's blog to see how they were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have made some beautiful cards there Chrissie and especially like the black one and the cross one. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you
      Mandi made the black one :-)

      Delete
  20. This has been a fun challenge. Everyone has had such great inspirations. Thanks Chrissie and Mandi :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a Fun Challenge.
    Great DT inspirations by all !

    Hugs,
    Riti :O)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.