19 May 2012

Week 68 Theme

What stars LIMettes have become at One Layer Cards and we had some super submissions last week.
For our theme this week we have chosen a card for
a BABY or a CHILD
Remember to keep it simple but you may use more than just the one layer this week, should you so desire.

Chrissie

This is a simple layout using a scrap of Cuddly Buddly digi paper and a Penny Black stamp. The sentiment is from Paper Make up and it's fairly self explanatory.
This is a similar design but with NO stamping!
This is all die cut. The stork is Quickutz and the name is from Cuttlebug's  Babyface alphabet, with a couple of baby feet from a Dovecraft punch. I like the stork's knees!

Mandi

I don't tend to do that many children's cards. I do lots of new baby ones, which I blog often! My children's cards are the opposite of Less is More! with lots of bright colours. Most certainly I always include their name.
So my first birthday card is simply using a digital Me to You kit from Docrafts. It's a fabulous cd, you can resize the images, change their colour, move them around. I chose to make my teddy huge and off the edge. The sentiment is computer generated as is the 1, which I printed onto card and ran through my Big Shot to emboss. I decoupaged the bunny to give a bit of detail.

This should be theme which you all need cards for on a frequent basis!
If any of you don't have an appropriate image or would merely like to have it, there is a digi image of a baby's boot on Chrissie's blog, which you are welcome to take.

We'd love to see your contributions.

15 comments:

  1. Love baby all your cards, fab challenge. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cards a very great, nice challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all 3 of them, they are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards already and an easy challenge to make us all happy this week too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love baby cards, because I know they can't be for me :-)
    => this is simple a biological fact ...

    But I love my grandchilds ;)


    Your cards great - and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I forget..
    the next two weeks I can't play with you because Creek is waiting for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely challenge and what a gorgeous gallery it'll be today ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards ladies and another great challenge:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did a second card but for a new baby this time. Thank ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A child is grateful, though difficult subject. Congratulations to all ideas, because the cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there, Great idea for a challenge, I don't have many children or baby cards, so need them. I'm really loving your samples again this week ladies, thank you so much, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for another great challenge - am loving all the fab cards by the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations for so many great creations. All admirable!
    The examples were very inspiring!
    Thank you very much for this great challenge.

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.