12 November 2011

Week 41 One Layer - Leaves

It's that week again!
ONE LAYER CARD
Merely the thought of a one layer card used to send so many into a tailspin, but now LIMettes approach this particular week of our challenges with confidence and even ..may we say, a little enjoyment!
The theme for your cards this week is 
LEAVES
If you don't have any leaf stamps then there is sure to be a way that you can interpret this challenge... let's see what you can come up with!


Mandi
Well I am home again!  I had a fabulous time, but am glad to be back on terra firma!
I have to say a huge thank you to Chrissie for covering for me, she worked so hard all on her little ownsome. Also belated thank you to Vicky for being our star guest I'm sorry to have missed your week.
OK so onto my cards.
My technique was the same for all of them, but using different shaped masks.
The stamps are unknown ones from QVC, with the exception of the sprig which is a retired Stampin Up Fresh Cuts set.
 Colours:
Stampin Up Pear Pizazz, Melon Mambo, Real Rose, Tempting Turquoise. To get paler colours of the turquiose I inked, then blotted before I stamped onto the card. The sentiment is CTMH.

 Colours:
Crumb Cake, Pear Pizazz, Tempting Turquiose, Melon Mambo, Versafine Black Onyx

Colours:
Versamark Lime and Orchid, Versafine Black Onyx

Chrissie





This one involves masking, inking and stamping. The stamps used are from Stampin' Up's French Foliage and is one of my all time favourite stamp sets. 


The inks used are SU River Rock and  Pear Pizzazz with a little Encore Gold stamp over the top.
The sentiment is also from Stampin' Up.


This second one uses the same inks and the same stamp set, although I only used the script stamp from it. The leaf shapes were made by cutting a mask using some Cuttlebug dies and then inking and  stamping through the mask. The sentiment on this card is from Hero Arts.
This last one is again inked and stamped into a Nestie Labels 18 Embossed frame, through a mask made with the same die.(One of my £10 bargains from the NEC) Once more I used the same stamp set with a sentiment from Paper Make Up. For this one I used mainly Adirondack inks. Hazelnut, Lake Mist, Cranberry, Caramel and a little SU Chocolate Chip.


Let's see your leafy creations... and do have fun!

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous inspiration Ladies love all that you have done with leaves will be back to play later I hope!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love ALL your samples, and the theme, one of my favourites!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous theme and you've outdone yourselves on the samples this week - utterly stunning! Thank you for having me - I had a fabulous time too (although, I suspect, not as fabulous as you on your cruise Mandi!) Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge ladies....looks like my skeleton leaf will make an appearance again this week!!
    I'm blown away by your samples again this week :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..these are so beautiful!!!..love them all..does the nack cover the whole front? then you stamp?..aWESOME..TFS..LOVES YA

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous all of them. What super super beautiful. Nivce colors and so elegant everyone.
    Have a nice weekend and lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful inspiration cards as always ladies. I ended up having to cover up a wonky sentiment with a sentiment stamped on a piece of card and placed on top, please disregard my entry (no 28) if this is not acceptable! I wanted to salvage the card, lol!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. French Foliage is one of my faves too! Looking forward to trying this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great showcase ladies and another great challenge you have set us:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to out do you ladies, wonderful samples.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - really beautiful one layers. Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another teriffic challenge ! beautiful samples, I'll have to make sure to remember white space this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this challenge. The examples you all made are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards, have seen lots of lovely masking too! lol Kx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, those cards are GORGEOUS!!! Very well done, you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. more stunning samples from you girls really wonderful,you are so talented I have actually made 2 cards this week,hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous samples here ladies, I just love the variety you've produced, great challenge for us too, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, the samples from you both are amazing-almost intimidating! I tried commenting, Chrissie, on your personal blog, but don't know if it showed...your cards were incredible. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for a great challenge ladies, was a challenge finding a stamp for me to use I can tell you! :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the French foliage collection - it looks so versatile! Beautiful cards to inspire :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi girls
    fab challenge as always, beautiful work, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just want to say "Congratulations" to Chrissie on having a fabulous card featured in the current issue of Craft Stamper!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.